F1 Rejects Temporary Forum

A backup forum for when the main one crashes. Not permanent


    Silly season thread

    Share
    avatar
    FMecha

    Posts : 11
    Join date : 2012-11-16

    Silly season thread

    Post by FMecha on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:30 pm

    For starters: it's confirmed: Sutil back at Force India after sabbatical.

    Talk up! Smile
    avatar
    Pi3141

    Posts : 23
    Join date : 2012-11-16

    Re: Silly season thread

    Post by Pi3141 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:23 pm

    So they let us wait three months just to confirm what everyone speculated since Hülkenberg went to Sauber.
    avatar
    Nuppiz
    Moderator

    Posts : 10
    Join date : 2013-02-26

    Re: Silly season thread

    Post by Nuppiz on Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:09 pm

    According to MTV3, Kovalainen is negotiating with Marussia. Apparently Razia has failed to pay enough money to keep his seat. What puzzles me is that I know Kovalainen's backers aren't that wealthy...
    avatar
    Pi3141

    Posts : 23
    Join date : 2012-11-16

    Re: Silly season thread

    Post by Pi3141 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:13 pm

    Better a good driver with few money than a pay driver who doesn't pay.

    I mean, which other pay drivers are left if Razia fails to bring money. Only Karthikeyan I think.
    avatar
    SeedStriker

    Posts : 10
    Join date : 2013-02-28

    Re: Silly season thread

    Post by SeedStriker on Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:29 pm

    Nuppiz wrote:According to MTV3, Kovalainen is negotiating with Marussia. Apparently Razia has failed to pay enough money to keep his seat. What puzzles me is that I know Kovalainen's backers aren't that wealthy...

    Having in mind Razia's actual currency (and driver value), Heiki must look like a millionaire to Marussia right now
    avatar
    Ataxia

    Posts : 4
    Join date : 2013-02-27
    Age : 23
    Location : Wherever the wind takes me...

    Re: Silly season thread

    Post by Ataxia on Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:11 pm

    For starters, Sutil's a backwards step for Force India.

    Secondly, I'm wondering what happened to the alleged $30m that Razia had in backing. Of course, I'd take that figure with a pinch of salt, but it's very strange that all of his considerable backing has...well, gone.

    Kovalainen would be a good signing for Marussia, but I'd like to see the Razia situation sort itself out sooner rather than later.

    Jason Hamilton
    Admin

    Posts : 16
    Join date : 2012-11-16
    Age : 19

    Re: Silly season thread

    Post by Jason Hamilton on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:03 pm

    I want Heikki to get on the grid so much now. If he gets the seat that means that Marussia has a much better lineup than Caterham

    Aerospeed

    Posts : 4
    Join date : 2013-02-27

    Re: Silly season thread

    Post by Aerospeed on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:20 pm

    Surprised at Sutil signing at Force India again. I wonder what convinced them to look at signing him again?
    avatar
    SeedStriker

    Posts : 10
    Join date : 2013-02-28

    Re: Silly season thread

    Post by SeedStriker on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:22 pm

    Aerospeed wrote:Surprised at Sutil signing at Force India again. I wonder what convinced them to look at signing him again?

    His wallet? Laughing

    tommykl

    Posts : 9
    Join date : 2012-11-16

    Re: Silly season thread

    Post by tommykl on Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:10 pm

    BREAKING NEWS: Jules Bianchi just got the second Marussia seat Shocked
    avatar
    Ataxia

    Posts : 4
    Join date : 2013-02-27
    Age : 23
    Location : Wherever the wind takes me...

    Re: Silly season thread

    Post by Ataxia on Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:32 pm

    tommykl wrote:BREAKING NEWS: Jules Bianchi just got the second Marussia seat Shocked

    I'm not too surprised, to be honest. Ferrari are probably a bit butthurt that Jules didn't manage to get the FI seat, so probably promised a few things (cash? engines?) to Marussia to make the deal sweet for both sides.

    It's a shame for Razia, but money talks.
    avatar
    Pi3141

    Posts : 23
    Join date : 2012-11-16

    Re: Silly season thread

    Post by Pi3141 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:01 pm

    Am I the only one who thinks that Caterham's lineup is the weakest of all? Pic was quite decent last year, but van der Garde has spent four years in GP2 without achieving anything special, Ma was off the pace both in GP2 testing and in friday practice for HRT and Rossi was average in Formula Renault.
    avatar
    SeedStriker

    Posts : 10
    Join date : 2013-02-28

    Re: Silly season thread

    Post by SeedStriker on Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:04 pm

    Ataxia wrote:
    tommykl wrote:BREAKING NEWS: Jules Bianchi just got the second Marussia seat Shocked

    I'm not too surprised, to be honest. Ferrari are probably a bit butthurt that Jules didn't manage to get the FI seat, so probably promised a few things (cash? engines?) to Marussia to make the deal sweet for both sides.

    It's a shame for Razia, but money talks.

    Is this the shortest stint for a driver in F1 ever? Got contract, photo session with the car, ready to go... and not a single lap even in pre-season before getting sacked! Consider Razia for an article on the main page

    Jason Hamilton
    Admin

    Posts : 16
    Join date : 2012-11-16
    Age : 19

    Re: Silly season thread

    Post by Jason Hamilton on Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:46 pm

    Pi3141 wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that Caterham's lineup is the weakest of all? Pic was quite decent last year, but van der Garde has spent four years in GP2 without achieving anything special, Ma was off the pace both in GP2 testing and in friday practice for HRT and Rossi was average in Formula Renault.

    I agree completely, Pic seems decent enough but GVDG is my current tip for Reject on the Year.

    Aerospeed

    Posts : 4
    Join date : 2013-02-27

    Re: Silly season thread

    Post by Aerospeed on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:16 am

    I sense Ferrari powering Marussia in the future....

    Sponsored content

    Re: Silly season thread

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:53 pm