F1 Rejects Temporary Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
F1 Rejects Temporary Forum

A backup forum for when the main one crashes. Not permanent

+13
Rob Dylan
tommykl
Simtek
gnrpoison
dr-baker
dinizouttheoven
Bass_tBone
AdrianBelmonte_
Ferrim
TheFlyingCF1Caterham
Shizuka
simonracer
Frogfoot9013
17 posters

Stick a hand up if you're here...

dinizouttheoven
    dinizouttheoven

Stick a hand up if you're here... Empty Stick a hand up if you're here...

Post by dinizouttheoven Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:20 am

Three hours into the Grand F1 Rejects Server Migration Forum Blackout... and I wondered if anyone will turn up here.

Raise a hand if you do. Especially as there's no telling how long it'll be before (or if!?) the forum returns in its new home...
    Frogfoot9013
    Frogfoot9013

Stick a hand up if you're here... Empty Re: Stick a hand up if you're here...

Post by Frogfoot9013 Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:31 am

We're back in the refugee camp eh?
    simonracer

Post by simonracer Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:14 am

Hello all.
    Shizuka
    Shizuka

Post by Shizuka Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:56 am

I'm here as well.
    TheFlyingCF1Caterham

Post by TheFlyingCF1Caterham Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:55 am

Well, I'm definitely not here... [sarcasm/]
    Simtek
    Simtek

Post by Simtek Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:57 pm

<post stating user's presence on the forum>
    Ferrim

Post by Ferrim Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:49 am

WTF?

Just entered f1rejects.com a few minutes ago and found out the news. Just when it started to look, if not better, at least stable...

Well, what's going on? Who has taken over the old forums? Will we be contacted at our old e-mail addresses? Will we be informed here? An announcement will be posted in the old site, or what?
    Shizuka
    Shizuka

Post by Shizuka Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:50 am

https://www.facebook.com/gprejects?fref=ts

I think the F1 Rejects site gets a transformation...
    dr-baker
    dr-baker

Post by dr-baker Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:44 pm

Just registered.
    AdrianBelmonte_
    AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:01 pm

Hi there
    Simtek
    Simtek

Post by Simtek Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:57 pm

Ferrim wrote:WTF?

Just entered f1rejects.com a few minutes ago and found out the news. Just when it started to look, if not better, at least stable...

Well, what's going on? Who has taken over the old forums? Will we be contacted at our old e-mail addresses? Will we be informed here? An announcement will be posted in the old site, or what?
    1. The forums are being moved to a new address. This process should take no more than a few weeks. Jamie will give the full details once the process is complete.
    2. Biscione is taking charge of the migration. Don't worry, the forums will be safe.
    3. I do not know.
    4. No. Biscione is against the use of this forum. Use the chat instead for further information: http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.mibbit.net&channel=%23F1Rejects
    5. Again, I do not know, but try to keep up to date with the chat.
    Bass_tBone

Post by Bass_tBone Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:06 pm

*raises hand* Just dropped the bass here, that's all.
    Ferrim

Post by Ferrim Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:05 am

Simtek wrote:
    Ferrim wrote:WTF?

1. The forums are being moved to a new address. This process should take no more than a few weeks. Jamie will give the full details once the process is complete.
    2. Biscione is taking charge of the migration. Don't worry, the forums will be safe.
    3. I do not know.
    4. No. Biscione is against the use of this forum. Use the chat instead for further information: http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.mibbit.net&channel=%23F1Rejects

Thank you.
    dr-baker
    dr-baker

Post by dr-baker Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:02 pm

Simtek wrote:
    4. No. Biscione is against the use of this forum. Use the chat instead for further information.
    Due to everyday life, I do not always keep up-to-date with the chat. Have I missed out on any news recently?
    Simtek
    Simtek

Post by Simtek Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:35 am

dr-baker wrote:
    Simtek wrote:
    4. No. Biscione is against the use of this forum. Use the chat instead for further information.
    Due to everyday life, I do not always keep up-to-date with the chat. Have I missed out on any news recently?
    To be honest, I haven't been using the chat much myself, so I don't have much to report! Razz But according to the new Twitter page there's been a slight setback (no idea what it is though).
    dr-baker
    dr-baker

Post by dr-baker Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:59 pm

Simtek wrote:
    dr-baker wrote:
    Simtek wrote:
    To be honest, I haven't been using the chat much myself, so I don't have much to report! Razz But according to the new Twitter page there's been a slight setback (no idea what it is though).
    Thanks for the update. I've been Googling the Twitter feed every so often, but never been to the chat.
    dr-baker
    dr-baker

Post by dr-baker Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:31 pm

By the way, when I was on Facebook just now, I typed "F1 Rejects" into the search box, and the first result to come back was not our former overlords' Facebook pages, but Don Pentecost's Force 1 USA team! His page is called F1 Rejects!
    Shizuka
    Shizuka

Post by Shizuka Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:32 pm

Because the original page is renamed to Grand Prix Rejects Smile
    dr-baker
    dr-baker

Post by dr-baker Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:41 pm

Shizuka wrote:Because the original page is renamed to Grand Prix Rejects Smile
    Yeah, but didn't Mr Pentecost really dislike our forum, yet he has taken over the site's name?!
    Shizuka
    Shizuka

Post by Shizuka Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:43 pm

Actually no, our page was Formula One Rejects all the time I think.
    dr-baker
    dr-baker

Post by dr-baker Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:26 pm

Shizuka wrote:Actually no, our page was Formula One Rejects all the time I think.
    Nonetheless, it's strikingly similar, don't you think? Wonder if FOM will be after him any time soon? And how much interest will he get if people think he's the F1 reject!
    Shizuka
    Shizuka

Post by Shizuka Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:27 pm

It actually is. FOM should sue his MURICAN arse if he doesn't comply to their demands.
    Simtek
    Simtek

Post by Simtek Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:44 pm

dr-baker wrote:
    Simtek wrote:
    I thought you might like to know that, according to Nuppiz, there's a problem with the tables that sort all the posts into readable topics. One scary (but not the only!) possibility is that the forum may need to be started again from scratch. Let's hope that the past 5 years of reject discussion and alternate championships are not lost to history.
    dr-baker
    dr-baker

Post by dr-baker Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:58 pm

Simtek wrote:
    dr-baker wrote:
    Simtek wrote:
    I thought you might like to know that, according to Nuppiz, there's a problem with the tables that sort all the posts into readable topics. One scary (but not the only!) possibility is that the forum may need to be started again from scratch. Let's hope that the past 5 years of reject discussion and alternate championships are not lost to history.
    Thank you for finding out and sharing that. That would really be rather bad news if it happens. I'm therefore glad I was editing my Mastercard Lola post, and had it stored as a Microsoft Word doc on my laptop and backed up on my phone.
    dr-baker
    dr-baker

Post by dr-baker Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:46 pm

I would also particularly miss Bigears' posts - a lot of effort must have gone into compiling all those clippings of multiple teams.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:24 pm