F1 Rejects Temporary Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
F1 Rejects Temporary Forum

A backup forum for when the main one crashes. Not permanent

4 posters

2020 Bahrain oval gp

rachel1990

2020 Bahrain oval gp Empty 2020 Bahrain oval gp

Post by rachel1990 Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:25 am

I know its a bit early but its just been announced that Lewis Hamilton won't be racing at this weekends Gp after testing positive for covid.

Also unsurprisingly is Romain Grosjean
    dr-baker
    dr-baker

2020 Bahrain oval gp Empty Re: 2020 Bahrain oval gp

Post by dr-baker Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:33 pm

Grosjean's replacement for this individual race is Pietro Fittipaldi. The first third-generation F1 driver? No idea about who'll replace Hamilton though. Would like to see George Russell have a go, or Hulkenberg.
    rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:37 pm

I tell you what. If Bottas is beaten by whoever they put in the car on pace alone, then he might as well kiss goodbye to 2022
    dr-baker
    dr-baker

Post by dr-baker Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:58 pm

That is sadly true
    rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:38 am

Russell replaces Hamilton and Jack Aitkin replaces Russell. My god Mercedes actually promoted Russell.
    dinizouttheoven
    dinizouttheoven

Post by dinizouttheoven Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:05 pm

Well, where do we start on that one?
    rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:08 pm

I don't know if my tears are happy because Perez won the race or the fact that Mercedes cost Russell the win.
    dr-baker
    dr-baker

Post by dr-baker Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:15 pm

Like rachel1990, I too feel ecstatic for Perez and absolutely gutted for Russell after his hustle. I just hope that Lewis decides to relax a bit and allows George to have one more go.

IIDOTR is clearly between those two.

ROTR is between Perez and Leclerc, whoever was to blame for that lap 1 contact.

Yeah, Perez could be both. Why not?
    rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:22 pm

rachel1990 wrote:I tell you what. If Bottas is beaten by whoever they put in the car on pace alone, then he might as well kiss goodbye to 2022

Bye bye Bottas
    dinizouttheoven
    dinizouttheoven

Post by dinizouttheoven Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:25 pm

Overall, I'm happier for Checo, because he'll probably never get another opportunity like this, even if Red Bull do exactly what they should and sign him for 2021. George, on the other hand, will get his opportunity, and likely as not he'll stroll to a World Championship or six as the Mercedes juggernaut continues to crush everything in its path, major cock-ups like today be damned.

And that opportunity should come in 2022. In a car he has little experience with (albeit not none), in a seat that didn't fit him, in boots that were too small, he beat Valtteri in a straight fight. All I'll say further to this is: Lewis, don't get well soon - not just yet, anyway. If there's any justice in this strange and repellent world we live in now, the Wu-flu will keep its hold on him for about five or six more days, just in time for George to get the result he deserved today before returning to the pit of misery at the other end of the grid.

Also with the Sword of Damocles hanging over him will be Alex Albon. Much as we may dislike Helmut Marko for the way he treats his drivers, if Red Bull really want to take the fight to Mercedes just before their engine supplier pulls out and they have to go grovelling back to Renault, they'll sign F1's newest winner. If I was Daniil Kvyat, I'd take a drive somewhere out of F1. And if I was Pierre Gasly, I'd probably be tempted to knock on Renault/Alpine's door for the day when Eyebrows decides he's had enough of his latest F1 comeback.

And I just can't get excited about Mick Schumacher joining the grid for next year... or Nikita Mazepin.

The commentators did mention that Aston Martin next year would probably be stronger with Sergio Perez driving for them instead of Sebastian Vettel, who is - as if we didn't know - spent. Better still would be if George Russell could have used a drive there as a further stepping stone to his eventual coronation as Merc's new golden boy, but I suppose he doesn't need that now. Instead, it's a Vettel/Stroll line-up there next season, and I think Dad Stroll might live to regret his decision.
    rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:41 pm

Sums up Hamilton's popularity that hardly anyone has missed him this weekend. And let's be honest there would be nothing but happiness if Lewis had been racing today and the same thing had happened. Due to the result.
    spaniard

Post by spaniard Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:48 pm

I could write a long post about today's race, but to sum up:
    - Perez: Well deserved win after a solid F1 career and a specially impressive 2020 season. I hope this allows him to get a seat next year.
    - Russell: I don't think anyone can complain about him. Superb driving, awful luck. If he drives next week, I am convinced he will get redemption.
    - Bottas: I definitely give up on this guy. Being beaten by Hamilton is one thing; that a 22 year old kid that has never scored a point and has almost zero experience with this car humiliates you is a different one. He barely managed to keep his dignity on Saturday, but Sunday was a total disaster. Awful start (once again), lack of pace and being slapped in the face by the middle class of the grid. A couple of weeks ago I compared him with Barichello, but at this pace he will became a glorified Luca Badoer.
    - Mercedes: It's ironic when Martin Brundle said on the broadcast that "Mercedes team expected to lap 26 cars today, which meant the whole grid + 8 due to the short length of the circuit"; then they had to settle for peanuts. I don't know if it was a excess of arrogance, overconfidence or self complacency, but their pit stop incident would make Ferrari or (Sainz's) McLaren pit crew and strategy directors feel jealous of reaching such an impressive level of outlandish ineptitude.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:12 am