F1 Rejects Temporary Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
F1 Rejects Temporary Forum

A backup forum for when the main one crashes. Not permanent

2 posters

2020 Grand Prix de Portugal

dr-baker
    dr-baker

2020 Grand Prix de Portugal  Empty 2020 Grand Prix de Portugal

Post by dr-baker Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:37 pm

Bit of controversy going into the event as the most recent Williams race winner is a race stewart this weekend, controversial because of his views on LGBT+ issues.

And then Verstappen uses controversial insults towards Stroll over team radio following their contact in FP2.

Verstappen should know by now that team radio is subject to public broadcast, but it gets people talking. No publicity is bad publicity, right? And Maldonado - how far do you go to allow people to have their own opinion and world view, with or without censorship? I'm not going to provide any answers myself because it's a complex subject without easy, glib answers, but it's one of those stories of the weekend...
    dinizouttheoven
    dinizouttheoven

2020 Grand Prix de Portugal  Empty Re: 2020 Grand Prix de Portugal

Post by dinizouttheoven Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:44 pm

dr-baker wrote:Bit of controversy going into the event as the most recent Williams race winner is a race stewart this weekend, controversial because of his views on LGBT+ issues.
    I heard it was Vitaly Petrov, and the chief voice of dissent was... I don't need to say who it was, do I?

There are numerous reasons why, despite the return of some old F1 countries like Portugal to this year's calendar, my enthusiasm is finding it hard to stay alive. But I suspect I will keep on watching. It's a bit like Stockholm Syndrome at this stage.
    dr-baker
    dr-baker

Post by dr-baker Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:22 pm

dinizouttheoven wrote:
    I heard it was Vitaly Petrov, and the chief voice of dissent was... I don't need to say who it was, do I?.
    No, you don't need to state who. And mistaking Petrov and Maldonado, no idea how or why i did that. I seem to remember also getting muddled between Simona de Silvestro and Natasha Gachnang during our Battersea FE podcast.

But on that note, he's going home tonight as his father has been shot dead, according to Autosport and other news outlets. He's being replaced by the FE safety car driver, Bruno Correia.
    dinizouttheoven
    dinizouttheoven

Post by dinizouttheoven Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:05 am

Crikey o'blimey.

I didn't see that coming.

Hopefully nobody is raising even the slightest hint of a satisfied smirk at this development.
    dr-baker
    dr-baker

Post by dr-baker Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:10 am

dinizouttheoven wrote:Crikey o'blimey.

I didn't see that coming.

Hopefully nobody is raising even the slightest hint of a satisfied smirk at this development.
    Indeed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:55 pm